Booking Conditions for La Vendange
1. The property may be offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by the managers to the renter (‘the client’).
2. To reserve the property, the client should complete and sign the booking form and return it together with payment of the initial deposit ( normally £100 per cottage per
week ). Please note that this deposit may not be refunded in the event of cancellation. The client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance
policy including cancellation cover and to have full cover for the party’s personal belongings and public liability etc since these are not covered by the owners insurance.
This deposit constitutes part of the total rental fee. Bed linen, bath and hand towels, Electricity, cooking gas, hot and cold water are always included. Following receipt of the
booking form and deposit, the managers will send a confirmation statement. This is the formal acceptance of the booking.
3. The balance of the rental is due not less than 60 days before the start of the rental period. If payment is not received by the due date the managers reserve the right to
give notice in writing that the reservation may be cancelled. Reservations made within 70 days of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking. In
cases where the rental period commences within one month of booking we require notification of payment within 48hrs of receipt of the booking form.
4. A security deposit is not required in the case of single gite bookings but may be charged in the case of multiple gite bookings. The managers reserve the right to claim
costs incurred for the replacement of breakages or repair of damage to the property. Note that the amount of the deposit may vary and in any case shall not limit the clients'
liability to the owner.
5. Any chargeable expenses arising during the rental period e.g. linen renewal, cleaning service, TV/VHS/DVD hire, babysitting or wine walks must be settled locally with the
managers on the day before departure.
6. Unless otherwise arranged, the rental period shall commence at 16.00 (4.00 pm) on the first day and finish at 10.00 (10.00 am) on the last day. The manager shall not be
obliged to offer the ’property’ before the time stated and the client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated. The maximum number to reside in ‘the
property’ must not exceed the number stated in the details. No pets are allowed. Smoking is not permitted inside the cottages.
7. The client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the ‘property’ and leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. Music, radio,
and other noise must not be at a level that can be heard outside the ‘property’.
8. The manager reserves the right to claim costs incurred for additional cleaning if the client leaves the ‘property’ in an unacceptable condition. The client also agrees not to
act in a way which would cause disturbance to those resident in neighbouring properties.
9. The client shall report to the manager without delay any defects in the ‘property’ or breakdown in the equipment, plant machinery, or any appliances in the ’property’,
garden or swimming pool, and arrangements for repair and/or replacement will be made as soon as possible.
10. The owner or manager shall not be responsible or liable to the client:
- for any defect or stoppage temporary or otherwise in the supply of public services to the property, nor in respect of any equipment, plant machinery or appliance in the
property, garden or swimming pool.
- for any disturbance which occurs in the area surrounding the ‘property’ by neighbours or other persons.
- for loss, damage or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or any matters beyond the control of the owner/manager.
- for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the client if the ‘property’ shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period.
In any such event, the owner shall within 7 days of notification to the client, refund to the client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
11. Under no circumstances shall the owner’s liability to the client exceed the amount paid to the owner for the rental period.
The contract shall be governed by English law in every particular including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in England .
Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in England .